What Is a Business Owners Policy?
Owning your own business can be lucrative, exciting and rewarding. Becoming your own boss may offer flexibility and opportunity previously unavailable. But there are inherent risks that come with starting your own company. With your financial interests now directly tied to a commercial entity, errors or incidents at work may also have significant consequences for your personal life. A business owners insurance policy (BOP) may be advisable.
Who Needs a Business Owners Policy?
Regardless of what industry your business is a part of, a BOP can be an invaluable investment. These arrangements are generally intended for small- and medium-sized businesses and provide a convenient and cost-effective combination of coverages to help you acquire several core components of your business’s insurance portfolio.
What Does a Business Owners Policy Cover?
One of the primary advantages of a BOP is the diverse and robust safety net it casts across many common risks and exposures that employers may face regularly. In most cases, a BOP can include the following types of insurance:
- General liability insurance can provide financial assistance if you are responsible for an incident that affects a third party and may help pay for the following:
- Repairing or replacing damaged property
- Commercial property insurance may insulate your business from losses related to physical property used by your business, including the following:
- Business income insurance (also known as business interruption insurance) may provide financial aid if your company is forced to pause its regular operations by helping to pay for the following losses or expenses:
Although a BOP may be a good start for building your insurance portfolio, you should also take time to assess other risks and requirements to ensure there are no gaps or noncompliance issues within your coverage. Depending on your specific circumstances, additional coverage, such as the following, may be advisable:
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Cyber liability insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- Employment practices liability insurance
- Commercial umbrella insurance
Acquire Optimal Coverage
As a business owner, you bear significant responsibility for your company’s daily operations and long-term future, and protecting your finances with a sufficient insurance portfolio is essential. Since 1931, the experts at Nauertz Insurance Agency have helped individuals, families and businesses assess and address their coverage needs. We will work with you to analyze your circumstances and build optimal policies to secure your finances and future.
Contact us using our website or call 909-931-5799 today to get started.