Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
Car insurance can be a tricky subject to navigate, especially for drivers of electric cars. Having appropriate car insurance is essential and required by law in most states.
Contact Nauertz Insurance Agency in Upland, California, for personalized car insurance quotes from a reputable insurance company.
How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need?
When it comes to auto insurance, there are two types of liability insurance that California drivers must maintain, including the following:
- Bodily injury liability may cover third-party accident-related expenses (e.g., medical bills, legal fees and funeral expenses).
- Property damage liability may help pay to repair or replace a third party’s property if you cause damage while driving.
As an alternative to maintaining minimum auto insurance, California drivers may prove financial responsibility by making a cash deposit of $35,000 with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), getting a DMV-issued self-insurance certificate, or getting a surety bond for $35,000.
In addition to these two types of coverage, your agent may recommend several other coverages based on your needs and budget.
- Collision coverage may help pay for damages to your vehicle if it collides with another object or vehicle.
- Comprehensive coverage may help pay for non-collision-related damages such as theft or fire.
- Guaranteed asset protection (GAP) coverage may help pay off your vehicle if the insurer deems it a total loss after a covered accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may help covers damages caused by someone without proper insurance.
- Medical payment coverage (MedPay) may help cover accident-related medical bills for you and your passengers regardless of fault.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) may help cover accident-related medical bills plus other economic losses, such as lost wages.
If you lease or finance a vehicle, your lienholder requires full coverage insurance, which typically includes collision, comprehensive and gap coverage.
What Car Insurance Is Good For Electric Cars?
Electric car owners have the same car insurance requirements and options as those driving combustion vehicles. However, insurance for electric cars may trigger higher auto insurance rates due to the vehicles’ higher average repair costs and a potential shortage of electric car experts who can perform repairs.
An experienced agent can help determine the most appropriate coverage for electric car owners in California.
How Far Back Do Insurance Companies Look?
Your driving record impacts car insurance premiums, but the effects of an accident or driving infraction aren’t permanent. Many insurers only consider the last three to five years of records when calculating costs.
After an accident or driving infraction, you may expect rates to increase. However, these extra charges may eventually be reversed if more violations don’t occur in subsequent years.
At Nauertz Insurance Agency, we understand the importance of finding the right car insurance policy that meets your needs and budget. Contact us today for help finding the best car insurance policy for you and your family.